Current Chapters of The White Book of Capitalism

Wed Jan 26 14:37:01 MST 2000

>>> Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> 01/26/00 03:48PM >>>

What about us doing a White Book on Capitalism? I think that Charles, an
African-American, might have purposely chosen that color in defiance of
racial stereotyping where black = evil. Maybe the title could be Brown Book
on Capitalism since brown was the color of the fascist shirts.

Chomsky has the right idea. While the anticommunists dwell on terror,
capitalism's victims die quiet deaths unnoticed by the newspapers or
television. If the corpse of every child in Latin America who died last
year because of diahrrea brought on by unclean water was stacked in a pile,
it would probably be ten times the height of the World Trade Center.

CB:  That's not a bad idea. We might roughly divide it into past and current. The past
section would give a body count on capitalism that might pile corpses up all of the
way to the moon. Capitalism's body count starts 500 years ago. And what about the
stolen land ? Actually capitalism has use more overt terror than communism too. All
war is terror, loud deaths.

How about the Transparent Book on Capitalism ? Maybe Chomsky would be interested.

CB