Current Chapters of The White Book of Capitalism

Owen Jones owen.jones at SPAMultramail.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 16:59:24 MST 2000

 And what message would such a project convey? That BOTH communism and
capitalism are two evils but capitalism has killed more than the former and
is therefore the lesser evil? This is certainly what appears to be implied
by this idea. I think what would be a better idea would be a Marxist
critique of the Black Book of Communism, to discredit it rather than give it
significance by making it worthy of a reply. It should not be for us to
compare body counts and see which is higher. I hardly see Marx, Engels,
Lenin or the others basing their opposition to capitalism on rough estimates
of its victims. Please, leave this to the liberals.

 Owen