US profit rates

Thu Jan 27 17:53:53 MST 2000

People may be interested in the following:

ENGLISH (trans):

We are  happy to inform you that we placed the results of a recent  research
concerning profit rates in the US since World War II, on our web  site. It
is not the first time we address this issue, but we had never done  it in
such details (and the data have been updated to 1997).

The  papers are listed at the end of this message. You can download them
directly  or enter our site. We also attach to this message a rejoinder to
"The  Economics of Global Turbulence" of Robert Brenner, concerning  his
misinterpretation of profit rate differentials in the US.

Cordially,

Gerard Dumenil and Dominique  Levy.

The  Field of Capital Mobility and the Gravitation of Profit Rates  (USA
1948-1997): http://www.cepremap.cnrs.fr/~levy/dle1999h.pdf  (281 Ko)

The Profit Rate: Where and How much Did it Fall? Did it Recover?  (USA
1948-1997): http://www.cepremap.cnrs.fr/~levy/dle1999i.pdf  (334 Ko)

Ces deux études s'appuient sur une recherche plus fouillée/These  two studies
are based on a more detailed investigation:

Profit rates:  Gravitation and Trends:
http://www.cepremap.cnrs.fr/~levy/dle1999e_.htm  (1013 Ko et/and 769 Ko)

Page Web - Home Page: http://www.cepremap.cnrs.fr/~levy/