The Americanization of Elian

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at SPAMdojo.tao.ca
Sat Jan 29 15:30:38 MST 2000

Carlos Eduardo Rebello <crebello at antares.com.br> said:

(snipp...)

I do not believe in the suitability of the Cuban model as a
> guide for future developments of the Left,

I will start by saying that nothing, not even the mighty Russian
revolution, can be considered a "model", that is anti-marxist in my
view. However, you seem to be taking pains to make a distance between
yourself and the Cuban revolution, and I am curious Carlos, why do you
do that?

Macdonald

 but the benaviour of the
> Cuban mafia in this episode is proof enough - if proof were still
needed
> - of the disgusting character of the _Ancien Regime_ and its henchmen.
> Well, they do what they must do: they are oligarchs defending their
> oligarchical notions about the management of a society.
>
> Carlos Rebello
>

> > In the fashion of teenagers, Elián showed up at the meeting on
Wednesday