The "Chinese Question" and American Labor Historians

ÁÎ×Ó¹â HenryC.K.Liu ¹ù¤l¥ú hliu at SPAMmindspring.com
Mon Jan 31 18:19:18 MST 2000

One can hear echoes of this in the current AFL-CIO anti China/WTO crusade.

I was banned from LBO-Talk as a result of flame war arising from my suggestion
that the practice of sending Chinese laborers as human detonators to dynamite
railroad tunnels in the West in 1850 was racist. Many on the list accused me of
being a reverse racist and some even accused me of making up the stories. Others
claimed that such treatemnt happened to all white immigrants as well.

Henry