The "Chinese Question" and American Labor Historians

ÁÎ×Ó¹â HenryC.K.Liu ¹ù¤l¥ú hliu at SPAMmindspring.com
Mon Jan 31 18:49:31 MST 2000

One hears echoes of the same refrain in the current AFL-CIO anti-China/WTO
scapegaoting.
I was banned from LBO-Talk as a result of flame war arising from my suggestion
that the sending of Chinese laborers as human detonators for dynamiting railraod
tunnels in the American West was racist.  Many on the list thought I was a
reverse racist and that that sort of thing happened to white immigrant workers as
well.  Many accused me of making up the stories.

Henry C.K. Liu