The voice of capital declares war against "information

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Thu Jun 1 14:28:03 MDT 2000

Very entertaining post, Chris, and nothing in it that I disagree with.
I would add that marxists working with teachers or inside teachers'
unions need to work hard to disabuse as many as possible of the
"Progressive Education Fallacy" -- the belief that teachers by the way
they teach or by what they teach can "change the world." (I would
say the bulk of public school teachers are pretty disabused already
of the myth that they are "professionals" as opposed to "workers.")

Still, whenever radicalization takes hold within members of any occupation
which involves direct relations with other workers or their families
(teachers,
medical personnel, social workers, retail clerks, postal workers, etc.)
possibilities for struggle do open up.

Carrol