castro offers doc training

gdunkel at SPAMmindspring.com gdunkel at SPAMmindspring.com
Sun Jun 4 21:49:40 MDT 2000

Cuba has a very similarf program for Haiti -- I think it involves some 120
Haitians studying in Cuba and 800 Cuban doctors working in the poor
areas of Haiti.

The Cubvans have a good reputation for living in the communities they
serve.

According to the ads I saw for the examination for the program in some
Haitian newspapers, the program was NOT open to students who lived in
Port-au-Prince and Petionville (the wealthiest area of Haiti) and students
had to agree to spend 5 years working in rural/provincial areas.

Cuba also gave Haiti a few million dollars worth of breeding fish to
improve protein available to rural areas.

There is much more to say, but not enough time to put it together.

/greg