jhurd_newparty:

Mon Jun 5 21:07:29 MDT 2000

En relación a Re: jhurd_newparty: ,
el 5 Jun 00, a las 19:15, Macdonald Stainsby dijo:

> Ahh, yes. My biggest pet peeve. As a result of this sectarian,
> anti-revolutionary crap, I almost gave up on the entire revolutionary
> movement. Take a good look at the way most radicals dress in North
> America: Who can look the poorest, most worker (therefore most
> oppressed!!!) wins. I got tired of this, and felt made uneasy by some.
> The very idea of liking music or movies is, at best, petty bourgeois,
> to some of these minded "radicals".

[snipping more excellent stuff of the same quality]

Yes, this is what I call "Salvationism", both because of the
Salvation Army at whose shops those clothes can be bought, and
because of the idea that the more wretched you are, then the more
worthy you can be, and you will be a Saviour yourself..

This stupid cast of mind, truly petty bourgeois, who can CHOOSE to
"go down to the masses" in the same Russian Populists did, has little
to do with revolutionary activity. What is more, if carried to its
ultimate conclusion, it ends up with individualistic terrorism. One
of the strong trends behind the Montoneros / ERP phenomenon in
Argentina was this kind of ideology.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at inea.com.ar