Fiji Coup

Tue Jun 6 02:11:54 MDT 2000

There was support expressed for Speight by a number of Aborigines at the
Reconciliation rally on Sunday.  Though this was on an informal one to one
basis.  Rabuka's coup in the 80's got the explicit support of Oodgeroo
Nunnuccal the Aborigall poet.  She talked in public about 4th Worldism -
the seizure of power by indigenous groups.

I think there is a strong element of the lumpen proletariat among Speight's
supporters.  though to be strictly correct I think he is follow3ed by the
urbanised rather than the proletarianised.

regards

Gary