[Islamic Resistance]

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Wed Jun 7 03:42:06 MDT 2000

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:14:13 -0700 Sam Pawlett <rsp at uniserve.com> writes:

> Many Zionists
> including Begin and Shamir also colloborated with Nazis. I would say
> that this wing including Sharon _are_ Nazis.

As a matter of historical fact Begin & Shamir's wing of the Zionist
movement
had fascist origins.  The founder of Revisionist Zionist Vladimir
Jabotinsky
was an open and avowed admirer of the European fascist movements of the
1930s (i.e. Mussolini, Franco, and even Hitler).  The Betar and Irgun
were
modeled after the armed wings of the European fascist movements.  Nor
were the Revisionist Zionists overly bothered by the anti-Semistism of
the
European fascists.  As a matter of ideological principle they faound the
fascists to be admirable and they hoped and expected that as Europe
became less hospitable to Jews, the number of Jews emigrating to
Palestine would increase thereby strenghtening the position of Zionism
in Palestine.  Certainly, history was to vindicate their expectations.
When WW II broke out, the Revisionist Zionists split with Begin's wing
supporting the Allies while Shamir's follwers in the Stern Gang
advocating
collaboration with Nazi Germany.

Jim F.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!