help sustainable development

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu Jun 8 10:10:19 MDT 2000

Hi, Maureen. Nice to hear from you. I'd recommend the "Post-Development
Reader" edited by Majid Rahnema and Victoria Bawtree (Zed Books, 1997). It
has articles like "Tehri: A Catastrophic Dam in the Himalayas" by Peter
Bunyard. I'd also recommend "Is Capitalism Sustainable", edited by Martin
O'Connor (Guilford, 1994) and anything written by Donald Worster or Carolyn
Merchant.

At 11:31 AM 6/8/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear list members,
>
>Can anyone suggest a couple of good books/articles that make a critical
>analysis of the concept of sustainable development?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Maureen

________
>Maureen Silos, Ph.D.
>Director, Moiwana '86 Human Rights Organization
>Molenpad 7-9
>P.O.Box 2477
>Paramaribo-Suriname
>Phone: (597) 404410, Fax: (597) 404011