[RE: Question for all you Leninists out there]

William Wharton williamwharton at SPAMusa.net
Thu Jun 8 21:14:25 MDT 2000

On the question of the execution of the Russian royal family, I just read
a book by Dmitri Volkogonov "Lenin: A New Biography" .  Volkogonov was the
"special assistant" to Boris Yeltsin - need I say more concerning his
ideological orientation - and asserts that while Lenin may not have
directly given the order, "He (Lenin), Sverdlov and Trotsky had discussed
the issue several times. It had not been complicated: the Russian emperor
must be liquidated."  He attempts to use this idea to link Lenin with the
individual terrorist teachings of Sergei Nechaev.  Another example,
according to this author, of Lenin's propencity to deviate from classical
Marxism.

The entire crux of this question is rooted in the anti-communist and
perhaps anti-intellectual notion that the REAL motivating force behind
Lenin's work, was the execution of his brother Alexander after his
attempted assination of the Romanov emperor.  Need I even comment on the
foolishness of such a psychological-reductionist arguement?  This
completely disregards many things, most importantly the very real
conspiracy under construction by Whites to "liberate" the Romanovs if the
B-viks took him to Petrograd and put him on trial - to his credit
Volkogonov mentions this plot but only in passing as he chooses to focus
on the revenge factor.  that's my two cents...

Peace,
Billy Wharton

"Mark Jones" <jones118 at lineone.net> wrote:

Yes, no such order. it's bullshit