[RE: Question for all you Leninists out there]

Juan R. Fajardo fajardos at SPAMix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 8 21:34:45 MDT 2000

William Wharton wrote:

> On the question of the execution of the Russian royal family, I just read
> a book by Dmitri Volkogonov "Lenin: A New Biography" .  ... He attempts to use this
>idea to link Lenin with the
> individual terrorist teachings of Sergei Nechaev.  Another example,
> according to this author, of Lenin's propencity to deviate from classical
> Marxism.
>
> The entire crux of this question is rooted in the anti-communist and
> perhaps anti-intellectual notion that the REAL motivating force behind
> Lenin's work, was the execution of his brother Alexander after his
> attempted assination of the Romanov emperor.

Volkoginov either borrows these assertions from Thomas Payne, who put
them forth in his own biography of Lenin some decades ago, or both
borrow them from some source in common.

- Juan