[Re: [RE: Question for all you Leninists out there]]

William Wharton williamwharton at SPAMusa.net
Thu Jun 8 23:28:10 MDT 2000

"Chris Doss" <itschris13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Wasn't Volkogonov a Stalinist hack in the 70's and 80's?
Seems to me that he's simply made the transition from being an
opportunistic ideologue under the CP to being an opportunistic ideologue
under the "reformers."
Yes!  Like so many others, in so many different sectors of Russian
society.

>From what I've heard, he's not to be taken very seriously--assuming I'm
thinking about the right person.  Isn't this the same guy that wrote a
biography of Trotsky a while back?
He wrote a "party" biography/tell-all of Stalin.  The Lenin bio, on-sale
for $1 @ a local book store supposedly relies on "Secret Soviet Archives."
It gives a good exhibition of the psuedo-intellectual slander of Lenin.
Should we take Pipes...et al much more seriously?

Peace,
Billy