Question from all you Leninits out there.

crebello crebello at SPAMantares.com.br
Fri Jun 9 08:19:09 MDT 2000

The answer to end all queries on the subject was given by Trotsky in his 1935 Diary in
Exile, where he says that Sverdlov had told
him that the decision had been taken by Lenin, who considered the execution of the
Tzar's family necessary not to allow any
surviving member -"scion" -of the royal house- to be  taken by the Whites and used as
a "living banner" around which the Whites
should rally (remember that dissenssions among the Whites and their incapacity to
coordinate were one of the reasons to the
Bolsheviks' victory in Civil War). The decision, such as it was, was politically
logical and Trotsky remembers that the principle
of the Royal Blood - transmitting itself from generation to generation - generated the
necessity for the execution of the entire
family. We know, today, that the same was made by the French Revolution, as Marie
Antoinette's son also died in detention.

Carlos Rebello