New York Vieques Events
research at SPAMneravt.com
Fri Jun 9 09:56:24 MDT 2000
For those of you in the greater New York City area, there are a lot of
activities happening this weekend related to Vieques leading up to, and
including, the Puerto Rico Day march on Sunday. Some of us are coming down
from Vermont to lend support. Look for us on Sunday with our Vermont
Solidarity Committee banner. Also, important is the IAC's NATO war crimes
tribunal on Saturday (details below) with a participant from Vieques.
Vieques Libre - http://www.viequeslibre.org
New York Vieques Events
* 9am - Picket in solidarity with the brothers & sisters of the Yankee
Stadium civil disobedience. Meet in front of the Bronx Criminal Court at
161st between Serhman and Sheridan Avenues.
* 6pm - Forum with Ismael Guadalupe of the Comite Pro Rescate y
Desarrollo de Vieques & Jorge Farinaci of Frente Socialista at the Brecht
Forum. 127 W 27th st between 6 & 7th aves. 10th floor. For more info call
Ben Ramos (718) 601-4751 or email: uriyoan at hotmail.com
* 7pm - Hip Hop Benefit Concert at Martin Luther King, Jr. Labor Center
Auditorium 1199 SEIU410 West 43rd Street, NYC (between 8th & 9th Ave).
* 2pm - Guest speaker Lolita Lebrón. Admission Charge $5. Music, food,
entertainment, art exhibit. Children welcome. Funds are pro Vieques
Cause. Place: Charas, 9th st. between Ave. C & B.
* 11am - International Tribunal on U.S. NATO war crimes in Yugoslavia
with Ismael Guadalupe & other speakers. Martin Luther King High School
Auditorium on 65th - 66th st. Amsterdam ave. For more info contact the
International Action Center (212) 633-6646
* 11am - E. 116th st festival, Vieques Support Campaign & Pro Libertad
Working Group on Puerto Rico. Table at E. 115th st. & 3rd ave. There will
be information & updated propaganda. For more info call the Vieques
Support Campaign at (718) 601-4751 or (212) 677-0619
* 2pm-5:30pm - Festival at Charas & 6pm Forum-Charas/El Bohio st.
Festival. 605 E. 9th st. between ave. B & C.
* 6:30pm - Forum about Vieques with Ismael Guadalupe of Vieques -
Charas/El Bohio st. Festival. 605 E. 9th st. between ave. B & C. For more
info call Charas/El Bohio at (212) 982-0627.
* 12:00pm NYC PR Parade at noon (5th Ave and 44th St.) Parade is
dedicated to Peace in Vieques. .
* 7pm-Direct from Vieques, Puerto Rico, the heart and soul of the
Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques, who will speak on the
continuous struggle to oust the U.S. Navy from Vieques. SEIU Local 668 at
1924 Spring Garden Street Harlem, New York -
* 8pm - Yerba Buena Bomba y Plena & Poetry for Vieques. Poets from Viejo
San Juan will be reciting & Yerba Buena will be performing. 3387 Broadway
(Café Largo) on W. 137th st. #1 or #9 train to W. 137th st. & City College
stop.$5 at the door, partial proceeds will go to Women's Alliance in
Vieques. For more info contact Mariposa at (718) 515-3475 & (212)
The Camden-Comite Pro-Vieques and Life-Net Radio present "Boricuas Take
the Big Apple!" A radio special. More info: http://go.to/lifenet.
* 8pm - Poetas Pa'Vieques. Hosted by Mariposa Poetry. Spoken word
showcase featuring Sandra Maria Esteves, Papoleto, Bonafied, Pedro Pietri
& others. Café Largo 3387 Broadway on W. 137th st. (1 or 9 Train to 137th
st.) $5 at the door and partial proceeds will go to Vieques. For more info
contact Mariposa at (718) 515-3475 or (212) 862-8142
For more events visit:
Send your events to:
calendar at viequeslibre.org
To unsubscribe, write to viequeslibre-unsubscribe at listbot.com
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com
More information about the Marxism