Question for all you Leninists out there

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Fri Jun 9 14:43:15 MDT 2000

Chris Doss wrote:

> Well, actually the person in question, who is not an anti-Marxist by any
> means, although an Anti-Bolshevik, advanced the claim as though it were
> common knowledge, saying they'd read it in "an autoritative source, trist
> me, it's true."

I've known a number of good marxists who were *non*-bolsheviks or
who thought the bolshevik experience did not carry over to other times
or places. But I have not known any particularly trustworthy marxists
who made a point of being *anti*-bolshevik. It seems to me a legitimate
and perhaps usually best response to various particular "charges" against
this or that revolution is something like, "Yes, next question." This seems
to me true even at the agitational level. Recruits to revolution who continue
to measure every actual revolution or revolutionary movement against
an ideal Platonic model in the mind will not stay the course.

Carrol