[RE: Question for all you Leninists out there]

Juan R. Fajardo fajardos at SPAMix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 9 22:06:09 MDT 2000

Onthe execution of the Tsar and his family, Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky
wrote:

> Honestly, should we debate all this? Don't our enemies teach us these
> elementary lessons in politics every day? Has imperialist democratism
> beccome such a perfect system that revolutionaries in the First World
> need to reassert themselves on these issues?

Maybe we should.  Maybe we shouldn't.  Like Marks says, however, it not
really an issue.  But as a history teacher these little things interest
me, and as every documentary and textbook I use mentions it as one of
the Bolsheviks "crimes" I always find myself correcting the source for
my students.

Frankly, I had accepted that the Bolsheviks killed them, and that Lenin
had given the order or acquiesced to it.   My thrust has always been,
not that the Bolsheviks didn't do it, but that it was a distasteful but
necessary act to save the revolution and to save thousands of Russian
lives.

In any case, I was under the impression that in the early 1990's someone
in Russia pulled a note in which Lenin gives the order from the Kremlin
archives.

- Juan