Global warming disinformation

Jose G. Perez jgperez at SPAMnetzero.net
Sun Jun 11 22:58:11 MDT 2000

This is an extremely good tittle for this article. Consider the author's
command of the subject:

>>So-called greenhouse gases (mainly carbon dioxide [CO2], but also methane
and a few others that are less important) allow sunlight to strike the
Earth but don't allow heat to escape back into space as readily, thus
trapping heat near the surface, just as the glass roof on a greenhouse
does....<<

>>During the past 100 years, humans burning coal and oil have increased the
atmosphere's concentration of carbon dioxide [CO2] --the main greenhouse
gas --by 25%, and the concentration is still rising....<<

    This is, of course, totally wrong, and shows that the authors are
complete virgins when it comes to having had their minds penetrated by any
real scientific information on the subject at hand.

    The MAIN greenhouse gas in the earth's atmosphere is water vapor. Of the
33 degree centigrade total magnitude calculated for the greenhouse effect,
32 degrees are calculated to come from water vapor, and about 1 degree from
all other sources, including CO2.

    This is, I am afraid, quite TYPICAL of the material I keep reading from
true believers in the global warming hypotheses on the left and among
environmentalists.

José