re Jose's remarks

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Mon Jun 12 08:31:40 MDT 2000

M A Jones wrote:

>  This is a TRAP and
> CAPITALISM HAS NO WAY OUT

Mark, as Rosa Luxemburg  knew there is *always* a way out
for capitalism -- it is called barbarianism. And I'm claiming that
you and Lou are so obsessed with one route to barbarianism --
global warming and/or the exhaustion of energy sources -- that
you have come to regard discussion of how to avoid barbarianism,
i.e., serious political discussion, as an avoidance of reality. To
be real is to stand at the abyss and scream in the face of anyone
who suggests that perhaps we should go to work building a
bridge.

Carrol