re Jose's remarks

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Mon Jun 12 12:01:02 MDT 2000

Mark Jones wrote:

> [snip] How on earth does your discussion of
> advertising, brand images and collective neurosis add up to "serious
> political discussion ''' building a bridge." etc?

{For those don't subscribe to multiple lists, Mark is referring to a thead
current on PEN-L.)

My answer, then, to this question is that I *don't* discuss brands and
the historical grounds for adverising success on the marxism list (where
I assume certain premises are shared). What is at issue on PEN-L
is the validity of the third thesis on Feurbach versus bourgeois
psychology as a strategic principle in political organizing. But that
debate is for PEN-L, not marxism.

Carrol