Paul Wright, Editor of Prison Legal News Needs Help!

Mon Jun 12 19:23:35 MDT 2000

En relación a Paul Wright, Editor of Prison Legal News Needs He,
el 12 Jun 00, a las 13:14, Yoshie Furuhashi dijo:

> >Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
> >From: MichaelP <papadop at peak.org>
> >Subject:  Paul Wright, Editor of PLN Needs Help!
> >
> >Paul Wright, Editor of Prison Legal News Needs Help
> >
> >Paul Wright, editor of Prison Legal News and Jailhouse Lawyer Vice
> >President of the National Lawyers Guild, is urgently asking for your
> >help.
> >
> >Paul, who is incarcerated in Washington state, has been placed in
> >segregation for the disciplinary infraction of having too many
> >envelopes in his cell.  Prison officials are hoping to use this
> >absurd rule violation allegation to place Paul in the isolation unit
> >for several months and then transfer him to a higher-security
> >facility (Paul is currently in a minimum-security prison).
> >
> >The situation is as follows:  during a recent cell search, guards
> >found 70 envelopes in Paul's two-person cell.  Prisoners are allowed
> >to possess 40 envelopes each.  Paul was taken before the disciplinary
> >court, where he testified that 34 of the envelopes were his.  His
> >cellmate testified that the remaining 36 belonged to him.
> >Nevertheless, Paul was found guilty of possessing too many envelopes
> >and sentenced to 10 days' cell confinement.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is this story of an inmate
holding too many envelopes? We are speaking of normal, usual,
everyday U.S. post?

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at inea.com.ar