[The lebanese sectarian society as a culture of subservience ]

Riad Koubaisi hamman at SPAMinco.com.lb
Fri Jun 16 19:16:50 MDT 2000

Hi comrades:
 Comrade Isam mansour Wrote:
Further to the last two comments, Comrades should know that many
Maronites were members of the Lebanese Communist Party, in fact
comprising a sizeable chunk just before the civil war started and a few
years thereafter.  My own father and grandfather - Maronites at birth
but committed communists till the end of their.
  Riad:
i can add that i have many maronite friends whom are lefty and marxist
and others just secular. i think that we must separate the political
maronism which is an ally to the imperialist country in the west and the
maronite.