[Re: Why ]

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Mon Jun 19 12:41:46 MDT 2000

Chris Brady wrote:

> : I heard around 50% of the US adult population now gets
> the tranquilizer Prozac or one of its knockoffs. So many stressed-out
> people in this center of power and privilege!

Fuck  Chris. Prozac is NOT  a tranquilizer. Nor does it have ANY direct
effect (except for unfortunate side effects) on its user. Shit like this
contributes
to the stigma that causes more misery for people with mental illness than
their illness does. I don't have time to develop the point now, but I'll
be back. (Doyle -- I got dibs on this one.)

Carrol