China Reportedly Notified US On Its Intention to Use Force to Reunite Taiwan

Les Schaffer godzilla at SPAMnetmeg.net
Mon May 1 07:41:30 MDT 2000

> To win a war, will power is the most important, not technology. At
> any rate, we do have to wait long to find out. Only 20 more days. If
> Taiwan moves towards independence, war is unavoidable.

Henry:

i have some colleagues who do business with various engineering firms
in Taiwan. Anecdotal evidence from people they have talked to there is
that the "average" Taiwanese, meaning the random ones they do business
with, have no problem joining up with China. Their main concern is
with keeping __business__ going as usual.

Do you have any background information on how Taiwanese masses look at
Chinese unification? Naturally we in the US get zero content in this
regard from the major local media. What are the aims of the Taiwanese
leaders who are dancing around the independence issue?

les schaffer