TURN OF THE CENTURY LAND GRABS IN EAST AFRICA

Borba100 at SPAMaol.com Borba100 at SPAMaol.com
Wed May 3 13:09:35 MDT 2000

In 1961 I read original documents at the NY Public Library about the land
grabs in at the turn of the century (last) in East Africa.  I remember that
the methods involved force and cruel trickery enforced by colonial
governmental power - I cannot remember the details of the trickery.  I think
this may be important since it deals with the whole issue of legitimacy of
the landowners in East Africa.

Could someone recommend a book and perhaps comment?  Didn't William Pomeroy
write about this?

jared