News from Austria

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu May 4 08:16:24 MDT 2000

>Regards from Vienna - we will go on!
>
>Kurt

What a coincidence! I was going to make a point about Yoshie's struggle,
while I had Kurt's reports in the back of my mind. I am kicking around the
idea of launching a journal associated with the list that would feature
on-the-spot reports and analysis from around the world, including--most
importantly--photos. If you want to get an idea of what I have in mind,
take a look at Doug Henwood's reports from Seattle
(http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Seattle.html).

Here are some of the types of things I'd like to see included:

--the strike at OSU

--anti-Haider protests

--Argentina labor movement, with interview with Moyano

--Ken Livingstone election campaign (interview?)

--Interview with Makah leaders about most recent whale hunt and ecofascist
opposition

--Fight against anti-immigrant movement in Spain

--etc.

Clearly we already have skilled writers/Marxist analysts at our disposal.
All we need is a bit of an infrastructure to process and package this
information. I believe that such a journal could be of enormous benefit to
the revolutionary movement. No rush to move on this, but it's something
that I hope we can launch before the end of the year. Volunteers/editors
should contact me privately.

Louis Proyect