Zizek video interview

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Thu May 4 16:29:01 MDT 2000

Louis Proyect wrote:

> . . . Nothing about trade unions or peasant struggles.

I share your opinion of Zizek, but this is not helpful. There are too many
valuable books (marxist, semi-marxist, and non-marxist) on my shelves
which say nothing about trade unions or peasant struggles. In fact you
could eliminate the few references to these topics in *Capital* from that
work and it would still be pretty impressive. Certainly one would not
wish to condemn the marvellous first four chapters of Capital, Vol. 2,
which have nary a reference to either peasants or unions.

Carrol