Zimbabwe to follow Cuban Model?

Fri May 5 10:29:26 MDT 2000

> In a final attack on whites and "sell-outs'', President Mugabe added
> that "in this little world of Zimbabwe we are our own redeemers''. To
> an explosion of cheers and chanting, he said: "Britain says it will
> take 20,000 people. They are free to go. We can even assist them by
> showing them the exit.''

These are heavy words. Mugabe cannot ignore that he will not be
allowed to step back. You cannot menace with forcing into exile the
domestic allies of imperialism and remain quietly at home watching TV
after that.

So that this declaration may well begin settling our recent debates
on what next in Zimbabwe. I would gladly give ten or twenty years of
my life if this put me in the position to tell our own "sellouts",
which we call "sepoys", that they are "free to go and that we can
even assist them by showing them the exit"

In envy,

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at inea.com.ar