An Orientalist explanation from Zizek

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Mon May 8 17:06:24 MDT 2000

Mac wrote:
>Forgive me here, but you have all made it quite clear that thia ass-hole is
>just that: An ass hole. Why do we need to be bombarded by his useless,
>insulting and racist ravings and apologia?

Because we (I actually) are monitoring him. Zizek, unlike many of the
academic leftists, takes pains to establish his Marxist--if not
Leninist--credentials. I wouldn't, for example, bother with Judith Butler,
another one of Doug Henwood's bedroom wall posters, but Zizek needs to be
understood and rebutted. Lenin had his Bogdanov. Marx and Engels had
Duhring and Prudhomme. We have Zizek.

Louis Proyect