Red Ken outrage

Russell Grinker grinker at SPAMmweb.co.za
Sat May 13 04:07:23 MDT 2000

From: Chris Kromm

>You Brits have no idea how funny you sound arguing about whether Red Ken is
>a sellout. What would we give to have anything even resembling a "red"
mayor
>in ANY U.S. city!

Actually I live in a country (South Africa) with a number of "red" mayors
(cabinet
ministers even) who are merrily imposing our own brand of structural
adjustment.  Please don't assume every participant in a debate about Brit
politics is necessarily a Brit.  When I did live in the UK it was either
"why don't you go back where you come from if you don't like it here" or, in
an even earlier period, "go back to Russia".

Russell