Latin American Marxist writers

Sverdlov Trotsky sverdlov2100 at SPAMyahoo.com
Sun May 14 22:32:53 MDT 2000

You wrote:

> people, in resume, have been and were very solidary
> in our denounces against
> the militar dictatorship in Argentina. But when a
> group of argentinians,
> among which  I was, tried to explain in the
> newspapers, in the
> socialdemocrat and communist circles, among the good
> people, our hold to the
> argentinian claim and the war, the doors suddenly
> became closed.

Question:

What was exactly your position on the war?  I
understand that opposition to the war, the British
invasion or the defense of Argentina against Britain
was widely acceptable.  That was not so, I believe, in
Britain - for obvious reasons - but even there I found
a lot of support against British imperialism.

Sverdlov

 It was