marxism-digest V1 #2186

Julio Pino jpino at SPAMkent.edu
Mon May 15 11:52:06 MDT 2000

   I thank you Carlos for putting the Fatima story in its proper historical
context.It reminded me of something James Joyce once said: "how is it
possible in the age of the airplane for people to still believe in the
Virgin Mary?" I can understand some people's longing for religious comfort,
but how could nearly one billion Catholics today accept this tale of
SORCERY? Truly, Trotsky was right when he called the Pope, "the head Roman
Druid."
Julio Cesar