ISO/SWP and the Barnesites

Julio Pino jpino at SPAMkent.edu
Tue May 16 12:00:18 MDT 2000

At 11:04 AM 5/16/00 +1200, you wrote:
Rarely have I read a political document so conceited, arrogant, and
demented as Steve Clark's reply to Jose's letter.

   So the 300(?) members of the SWP represent "the communist movement" in
the United States? David Koresh claimed more followers when the Feds.
burned him  to death at Waco.
   So by disagreeing with "The Militant" Jose, "and the class he
represents",are objective allies of Janet Reno. Excuse me; didn't one
Joseph Stalin perfect this technique? You dare to question my authority,
ergo you are a German-Japanese-Trotskyte spy and will be shot immediately!
   So "deformed workers' states" still exist in the former Soviet Union and
Eastern Europe because unemployment is high and foreign capitalists are
afraid to invest there? (Since the Czech Rep., Poland and Hungary now
belong to NATO, one wonders what it would take for the SWP to classify any
regime as capitalist (a label the SWP once pinned on Pol pot's Kampuchea!).
   Two political suicides in one month. First, New Left Review redesigns
itself as the "People" magazine of the left, then the Barnesites shoot
themselves in the foot and lose whatever credibility they had in the Cuba
solidarity movement. What's going on? Millenial fever?
Julio Cesar