Fw: "From Utopia to Sodom"

Sun May 21 09:03:19 MDT 2000

En relación a Fw: "From Utopia to Sodom",
el 21 May 00, a las 10:56, Paul Flewers dijo:

I just received this from Moshe Machover

Paul F

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following is downloaded from today's (21 May 00) e-issue of the
English language version of Ha'artez, Israel's leading daily.

[...]

Our local Sodom badly needs some undoing. The change can only come
from up above. One should expect two morally sensitive ministers
with authority in relevant areas, Justice Minister Yossi Beilin and
Public Security Minister Shlomo Ben-Ami, to do something to stop this
downward slide. Should they be determined and diligent, they are
empowered with tools needed to enforce laws, and legislate new ones,
before the slide from utopia to Sodom becomes a fait accompli.

© copyright 2000 Ha'aretz. All Rights Reserved

Sorry, Ha'aretz, but the slide to Sodom was a fait accompli from the
very beginning. It was contained, as a tree in the nutmeg, in that
very basic proposition of Zionism: "We are an abnormal people, we
must normalize ourselves by owning a territory". That Great People of
the Book, the Great Jewish People, did not have a commentator who
could tell them that this, in fact, meant: "Love Thyself and Nobody
Else: the rest, is commentary".

Oh, Hegel!

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at inea.com.ar