On the issue of "internal" discussions -- ISO/SWP opposition

Luko Willms L.WILLMS at SPAMlink-f.frankfurt.org
Mon May 22 03:23:37 MDT 2000

Dear José,

JGP> I do not believe the examples you cite at all make the point that,
JGP> as a rule, workers' parties should have all their major political
JGP> discussions internally.

   If you go back and reread my previous message, you will find that I
did not want to establish some general rule, but on the contrary,
simply cite some actions by Marx and Engels which contradict the
general rule you wanted to deduct from their earlier writings.

JGP> The argument is made that this is to prevent the police and other
JGP> currents (so-called "opponents")  from intervening in the
JGP> discussion.

   It is not just "the cops and the sparts". It is the pressure of the
bourgeois society as a whole which bears heavily on a small group. As
you state in the beginning of your original message, as a voluntary
group it has all the right to conduct their discussions internally.
And I would like to leave it at that and let each group or party
decide their own internal regime, based on what they consider
necessary to achieve their goals.

Lüko Willms
/------------ L.WILLMS at LINK-F.frankfurt.org --
/------------ Lueko.Willms at T-Online.de      -- "Get PGP Key" im Betreff