Message from Michael Moore

Tue May 23 08:44:26 MDT 2000

>>> "soil_ride" <soilride at email.msn.com> 05/19/00 10:44PM >>>
I would like to say that reading this email post from Michael Moore really makes me
feel like someone out there really understands whats going on out there.  Not from
these politicians that tell us what is going on.  Not the corporate news CNN and MSNBC
and their propagandist view on how we should react to what is going on.

I wasn't born during the 60's but its fires of protest and rebellion run through me
and rages.  Even after that tumultous time during the 60's I believe an undercurrent
of resistance is still fresh as before and was waiting for others to pick it up.  I
think it is being picked up now, after watching Seattle and Washington.

__________

CB: It is very important that a new generation pick up the torch with those fires.

_________

Communism, when our school instructors taught us anything about communism, it was
always painted as a grave deadening boring system of government.  I remember when I
was in second grade that  people would make coments like "If you think like that you
must be russian"  I remeber once asking my parents whats up with Russia?  They told me
that Russian people were not very friendly towards American people.  I remeber asking
why? and they would tell me "thats the way it is".  It just didnt seem right to me, it
seemed illogical.  Our instructors mentioned Karl Marx but only to refer he was the
father of a "disease called communism"  Unfortunately I too ate what they fed me and I
never questioned it.

After I look back at what kind of life that Ilved, I realized this is what Camus and
Kafka's were writing about in their novels concerning existentialism.  I wasn't
reading about it, I was living it.

___________

CB: Many will have to follow a path out of ennui similar to the one that you did, if
we are to have a revolution. You should write out your political biography, your
development, more extensively

________

Well enough of my ramblings...thanks for postings I hope it will continue to inspire
other people such as myself!
Power to the people!!

CB: Right on. All Power to All of the People !

Charles Brown