Forwarded from Tom O'Lincoln

Tue May 23 20:45:07 MDT 2000

I visited the site, Lou

Amazing to visit a place with so many of one's enemies camped there.  What
astonishes me is that some of them are still members of what has become Ian
Rintoul's mad sect. There has to be some element of masochism which keeps
these intellectuals in an organisation which so is blatantly anti-intellectual.

But then ISO intellectuals are a breed apart.  They work from different
protocols. For myself I have never forgotten O'Lincoln trying to discourage
me from reading Althusser and pouring scorn over my recommendation that
members should read Olim Wright's book on class.  But the workerism of ISO
has always made that kind of anti-intellectualism not only possible but
also de rigeur.

regards

Gary