more on road-rage Ken

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Thu May 25 07:18:04 MDT 2000

M A Jones wrote:

>  a real worker

I suggest phrases such as this are to be avoided. Leftists are all too
apt in any case to carry around a Platonic Form of "The Worker" in
their mind -- and even though in the preceding sentence you specified
"brothers *and* sisters" that Platonic Form is male and white -- and
probably has burly shoulders. We really do need to work on blurring
the image of "the worker," for no image can fit (or even avoid distorting)
the reality of the working class today.

Carrol

P.S. I agree with the whole of Mark's post.