more on road-rage Ken

Mark Jones jones118 at SPAMlineone.net
Thu May 25 09:21:19 MDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-marxism at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-marxism at lists.panix.com]
On Behalf Of Carrol Cox
Sent:   25 May 2000 14:02
To:     marxism at lists.panix.com
Subject:        Re: more on road-rage Ken

M A Jones wrote:

>>  a real worker

> I suggest phrases such as this are to be avoided.

Which is just what red-rebel thinks, when he says have I been to Glasgow
(the 'European city of culture' has lost its rustbelt, i.e., no more
shipbuiilding or metal bashing, no more workers etc, is his drift).

I am not sure where James lives, I seem to recollect it's that other city of
culture, Edinburgh. Be that as it may, I have been to Glasgow, more than
once. Last time I was there (5 years ago) it was still possible to see quite
normal, sane looking people come off the streets into bars, drink half a
dozen pints of heavy with whisky chasers in about 15 minutes and then get
stuck in the revolving doors on the way out. But I agree, it's a nice
cleaned up post-industrial town now. But if that's red-rebel's point - there
are no workers left in Glasgow - then I'm even more mystified about why he
bothers.

Mark