Justice for Janitors?

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at SPAMprimenet.com
Thu May 25 23:26:06 MDT 2000

Greetings Comrades,
    Marta forwarded an article on the Janitors strike in Los Angeles, and in
brief mentions the lack of coverage to IHSS workers.  I have been an IHSS
worker, and I just wanted to second what Marta raises here.  This sort of
silence reflects once again how disabled people are treated by exclusion and
silence wherever their lives are affected by struggle.  In this case the
workers who are essential to disabled peoples lives are simply disappeared
from mention.  The need for more visibility and acceptance as an important
part of any movement for social change is never more clear than when silence
shows us how some people are so invisible that it is just plain ok to ignore
them.

    To hell with that.
thanks,
Doyle Saylor