L-I: RV: [stop-imf] ARGENTINA: Gov't Cuts Wages to Meet IMF Commitments (fwd)

Julio Fernández Baraibar julfb at SPAMsinectis.com.ar
Tue May 30 14:18:04 MDT 2000

This is a continuation of the other very important messages from Stop IMF.
The country waked today in a depressing mood.
Besides this meassures the government, following a claim of IMF and
financial capital, decided to dismount the health system based in the trade
unions organizations (the name in spanish is Obras Sociales) favoring the
private health enterprises. The last sign of a solidary worker health
mechanism is over.

Because the march of tomorrow are going to be a success. Thousand and
thousand of workers and employees will occupy the streets of Buenos Aires.

The article does not mention the CGT of Hugo Moyano, that called for the
march against IMF, and names instead the "progresist" Victor De Gennaro, a
leader that has divided the trade unions unity with his CTA. Nestor, as
public employee, has explained very well in other messages the nature of the
De Gennaro's secession.
Tomorrow at night you will have information about this event.

Julio FB