Fw: [LAAMN-LOCAL] Science of Society at Midnight Special

Sol Dollinger soldoll at SPAMinreach.com
Tue May 30 16:54:47 MDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Cynthia Cuza <ccuza at ix.netcom.com>
To: laamn-local at lists.tao.ca <laamn-local at lists.tao.ca>
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 2:34 PM
Subject: [LAAMN-LOCAL] Science of Society at Midnight Special

Midnight Special Bookstore Sells 700 Copies of the
Communist Manifesto

Margie Ghiz, Owner of the Midnight Special Bookstore, 1318
3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401, an independent
bookseller, reports that in the past two years the bookstore
has sold 700 copies of the Communist Manifesto. "Interest
has been so great," Ms. Ghiz reports "that we have begun
putting it on our front counter. We're also pleased to
report that we've been selling quite a few copies in
Spanish."

"Sales of other Marxist books are also increasing," Ms. Ghiz
said over the phone last night.

Because of this rising interest in Marxism the Midnight
Special has asked the Institute for the Study of the Science
of Society (ISSS) to hold classes each Saturday in June
from 3:30 to 5:30 in the afternoon. If there is a positive
response, the Midnight Special will ask the ISSS to hold
Marxist classes once a month for the rest of the year.

Attendance is free. To make a reservation email the Midnight
Special at books at msbooks.com or call (310) 393-2923. For a
free reading list, email Cynthia Cuza at ccuza at ix.netcom.com.
Listed below are a schedule of classes.

The Institute for the Study of the Science of Society is a
new project, which was founded in 1997 in Chicago to teach
and research how societies change, and to help equip those
fighting to change society. The Institute is based on
Marxism as the science of society. The Institute recognizes
that advances in science demand that we deepen and extend
the science of society and revolution. That science must
also get out to the frontline fighters who are working to
change society.

June Classes at the Midnight Special

Everything flows, everything changes; there is nothing
stagnant, nothing unchangeable in nature and society.
Dialectical and historical materialism is a vibrant and
exacting science of change. It is the Marxist world outlook,
and as with all science, has its crowning achievement in the
service of humanity.