marxism-digest V1 #2231

Geoff Collier geoff at SPAMbalcony17.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 31 12:18:18 MDT 2000

In 1985 and 1987 Tory students at Hull University tried to get Proctor to
speak to them. The left stopped him both times and I was present at the
second event, by which time his sexual activity was well known. Certainly
nobody was attacking him for anything but his racist views. Of course the
tabloid coverage (because some students were run over by his car) had
headlines like "Spanking MP in ..." but that had nothing to do with us.

geoff