The voice of capital declares war against"information wants to be free" (was: Rock and roll rebels)

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Wed May 31 20:22:26 MDT 2000

"Jose G. Perez" wrote:

> The point is that a lot of these cultural "products" have attracted "big
> money" because it was possible to limit their distribution. Make duplication
> of the products easy enough and of a high enough quality and ... the value
> of a book, movie or song becomes vanishingly small.

A cultural product the value of which I would like to see made
vanishingly small is the textbook. This would not, I would assume,
be possible on an individualist basis -- but given some radicalization
of large sectors of the educational work force  interesting
possibilities open up.

Carrol