List demographics

Les Schaffer godzilla at SPAMnetmeg.net
Wed Nov 1 08:36:16 MST 2000

Richard Fidler asked:

> Could Lou or Les provide us with some updated round numbers on the
> geographical distribution of list subscribers (no names)?

from the latest subscription list, these are totals for the top level
domains (see below), so there are, for example,

     approx
  US subscribers = 107 (com) + 15 (org) + 2 (us) + 28 (edu) + 39 (net)

                 = 191

and the rest as indicated... now hotmail.com accounts for 28 of these,
see below. plus i believe not all the org/net/com are from US (for
example isuisse.com) , so Lou's 50% is about right.

if anyone from a net, org, or com domain is subscribed from outside US
and wants to tell me where they are, i can include that next time i
run this code.

nz is a little overestimated as there is one or two people subscribed
from multiple email addresses. but maybe they should count twice if
they read that closely.  ;-)

country codes can be found at: http://www.wia.org/pub/tld-nics.html

next time i run my little code, i will have the table included
implicitly by translating the two letter domain code to country name.

of course there are more than several excellent contributors to the
list who are not subscribed at all.

les schaffer

Total subscribed: 296

         top level     #