Reply to Pathfinder Critics

Jose G. Perez jg_perez at SPAMbellsouth.net
Thu Nov 2 22:36:48 MST 2000

>>Just a thought - I have no statistics to bear this out - but if Pathfinder
Press
>>books are a bit pricey, could it have something to do with small press
runs?<<

Yes, definitely. Cost per book is 3X as much at 1000 copies than at 10,000;
and a couple more times by the time you get to a few hundred copies,
according to quotes I got form the online broker RJ Communications.

People can do their own research on how expensive it is to print small runs
at www. rjcom.com,  plugging in various numbers and specs.

It is true this is a commercial printer, but the same underlying reasons
that forces up their prices forces up Pathfinder costs.

And NB that this doesn't include amortizing the editorial work in a book
over a smaller or larger run, or covering overhead. This is strictly the
printing cost.

José