Question about Hobsbawm

Michael Perelman michael at SPAMecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Nov 2 22:53:04 MST 2000

Louis, the Irish military campaign was financed by promising the soldiers land
rather than paying them outright.  This was the beginning of modern economics,
since William Petty was in charge of the survey to divvy up the land.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321