Old men and younger women

Lou Paulsen wwchi at SPAMenteract.com
Sun Nov 5 16:34:59 MST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Ferguson <plf13 at it.canterbury.ac.nz>

>Lou Paulsen wrote to John Nolan:
>
>>John, "old men chasing young women" is sexual oppression.
>

>I cannot believe the Puritan moralism in your second paragraph.
>
>As someone who has never had a relationship with anyone more than about two
>or three years younger than myself, and who has no interest in chasing
>women a lot younger than myself, I nevertheless find this kind of moralism
>bizarre.  ...

[References to Olivia Newton-John and Nicolle Smith snipped (For those who
don't know, Nicolle Smith is a young woman who married a very old
millionaire and will now inherit some of his money)]

Phil, if you think that my post was written to express my opposition to
genuine personal relationships among people of whatever gender who are
different in age, then I suggest you go back and read the damned thing
again.

I am talking about patriarchal oppression, not rock stars and weird tales
from the tabloid media.

LPa